Clinical practice guidelines and other guidelines relating to melanoma include:
- National Health and Medical Research Council, Melanoma: a management guide for GPs
- Cancer Council Australia, Recommendations for screening and surveillance for specific cancers: guidelines for general practitioners [PDF, 460 KB].
Optimal cancer care pathways for melanoma:
These clinical guides for health professionals set out key principles for optimal care at each step of the patient journey from prevention through to survivorship / end of life care.
The guides have been endorsed by the National Cancer Expert Reference Group, Cancer Australia and Cancer Council Australia.
Patients and their family and carers can use the consumer versions to better understand an often complex health system, and to know what questions to ask of their health professionals to ensure they receive the best care at every step.
Help your patients and their family and carers understand the process they are going through by printing and sharing these guides as appropriate.
- View the Optimal Cancer Care Pathways or download consumer PDFs from www.cancer.org.au/OCP
- View the interactive consumer web portal at www.cancerpathways.org.au
- Melanoma clinical cancer pathway
For more information about melanoma diagnosis and treatment:
See the National Cancer Institute (US), Melanoma treatment – for health professionals (PDQ®)*
*When reading materials that are published in other countries, note that some of the information may not apply to Australian patients.